[comp.os.msdos.apps] Lotus Agenda?

brian@king.csd.mot.com (04/23/91)

I'm about to inflict Lotus Agenda upon myself, and I'm interested in
corresponding with others who have done the same.  Any of tips,
techniques, warnings, macros, whatever, would be welcomed.  Please
respond by e-mail.  If there's a flood of interest  =:-O  I'll post
a summary.
--
-Brian Smithson
 Motorola Inc., Computer Group, Commercial Systems Division

csc@tsnews.Convergent.COM (Steve Champion) (04/24/91)

From article <3725@motcsd.csd.mot.com>, by brian@king.csd.mot.com:
> I'm about to inflict Lotus Agenda upon myself, and I'm interested in
> corresponding with others who have done the same.  Any of tips,
> techniques, warnings, macros, whatever, would be welcomed.  Please
> respond by e-mail.  If there's a flood of interest  =:-O  I'll post
> a summary.

I am presently using Agenda 2.0 with the lastest update (should be
bundled by now with the package.

I personally think this product is GREAT and can't possibly image life
without it.  I am currently tracking 66 major programs and a major
amount of people contacts that are associated with them.  The REAL
benefit comes when my boss wants a status report (which I have
preformatted) and it takes all of 10 minutes to print out a summary.
If I'm really pissed about the amount of work I'm doing at the time, I
do a complete history (which is now 76 pages) and hand that in.  It's
a great way to send a message.

This is NOT a program for the technically disadvantaged and takes
awhile to really understand if you want to do anything heavy, but it's
worth the time if you have tons of information that you want to keep
and track at your finger tips.

One caution, if you do get the package, learn how conditions and
actions are applied as you can get into a circular reference that
might become confusing to figure out.  If you use the planner template
that Lotus ships and you start to modify it, I guarentee you will get
major circular references that will consume your days if you let it
get too far.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this product an 8 in flexibility
and a 2 to learn, and if you have a postscript printer, an 8 for
reports.

If you want more indepth information, drop me a line and I will see
what I can do.

Steve Champion, Unisys Corp
MS 10-004, 2700 North First
San Jose, CA    95134-2028
pyramid!ctnews!miticad!csc

chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) (04/29/91)

In <1208@tsnews.Convergent.COM> csc@tsnews.Convergent.COM (Steve Champion) writes:

>From article <3725@motcsd.csd.mot.com>, by brian@king.csd.mot.com:
>> I'm about to inflict Lotus Agenda upon myself, and I'm interested in
>> corresponding with others who have done the same.  Any of tips,
>> techniques, warnings, macros, whatever, would be welcomed.  Please
>> respond by e-mail.  If there's a flood of interest  =:-O  I'll post
>> a summary.

>I am presently using Agenda 2.0 with the lastest update (should be
>bundled by now with the package.

Is it a major improvement over the last version (I don't have it in
front of me or I would quote you what it is I am using)?

>I personally think this product is GREAT and can't possibly image life
>without it.  I am currently tracking 66 major programs and a major
>amount of people contacts that are associated with them.  The REAL
>benefit comes when my boss wants a status report (which I have
>preformatted) and it takes all of 10 minutes to print out a summary.
>If I'm really pissed about the amount of work I'm doing at the time, I
>do a complete history (which is now 76 pages) and hand that in.  It's
>a great way to send a message.

Yeah, I thought it was great too, but like almost all PIMs, if you work
like I do you need a voice controlled app with a belt attached
microphone.  Info can come in at almost any time and I always get it
filed.

>This is NOT a program for the technically disadvantaged and takes
>awhile to really understand if you want to do anything heavy, but it's
>worth the time if you have tons of information that you want to keep
>and track at your finger tips.

If anybody has any Agenda templates, I'd love to see them.  Mine always
started to look too much like my desktop.  I guess I never was organized
enough.  What's the possibility of getting some posted to the binaries
or binaries.d group?
Charles "Chip" Yamasaki
chip@oshcomm.osha.gov

brian@king.csd.mot.com (04/29/91)

chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) writes:

>If anybody has any Agenda templates, I'd love to see them.  Mine always
>started to look too much like my desktop.  I guess I never was organized
>enough.  What's the possibility of getting some posted to the binaries
>or binaries.d group?

Or perhaps we could start a mailing list for Agenda techinques, tips,
templates, or whatever?  I'd be willing to set it up if there's interest.
E-mail me if you're interested...