[comp.os.msdos.apps] Pascal to C conversion

mpython@wpi.WPI.EDU (... and the flying circus) (03/29/91)

Ummm, is there a utility (preferably PD FTPable), that'll convert Turbo
Pascal into either Turbo C or QuickC (or,hey, just normal ANSI C)

please E-mail me,as I usually don't read this group

--
   ************          And now...Marcel Marceau will mime
  *   1 6      *       A man being struck about the head by a 16 ton weight

tp1l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Thomas W. Pope) (05/06/91)

   I am looking for a porgram that can take a pascal file as input and
rewrite it in C...  It doesn't have to be perfect, just decent...  Any
replies would be appreciated...  Thanks in advance...

 +-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
 | ****** Thomas W. Pope ******* | Life on its way returns into a mist,      |
 | Internet: tp1l@andrew.cmu.edu | Its quickness is its quietness again:     |
 +-------------------------------+ Existence of this world of things and men |
 | All opinions are Mine!        | Renews their never needing to exist.      |
 | But...    For a small fee...  |                         Lao Tsu: 40;1-4   |
 +-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (05/06/91)

In article <Mc948pC00UzxA1B9IW@andrew.cmu.edu> tp1l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Thomas W. Pope) writes:

>   I am looking for a porgram that can take a pascal file as input and
>rewrite it in C...  It doesn't have to be perfect, just decent...  Any
>replies would be appreciated...  Thanks in advance...
:

If this question doesn't top the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
list at least it is very near the top.  One way to start is getting
/pc/ts/tsfaq20b.arc.

"The wares are available by anonymous ftp from garbo.uwasa.fi,
Vaasa, Finland, 128.214.12.37, or by using our mail server (use the
latter if, and only if you don't have anonymous ftp).  If you are
not familiar with anonymous ftp or mail servers, I am prepared to
send prerecorded instructions on request.  (If you don't get the
instructions from me within a few days, it will mean that your email
address cannot be reached by a simple email reply.  It that case,
contact your system manager for devicing a proper mail path for you,
because unless you do, you wouldn't be able to utilize the mail
server anyway.  If you are in North America first consider using an
ftp site near you to spare the overseas load.)"

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37