[comp.os.msdos.apps] Importing images into Word 5.5

jsilva@cogsci.berkeley.edu (John Silva) (05/06/91)

I am looking for a method of importing gray-scale scans into MicroSoft Word 5.5
for a mailmerge project.  The scanner software I am using has the ability to
produce either TIFF or PCX images.  Unfortunately, MS Word 5.5 only seems to
be able to import HPGL and PostScript images (and only line art at that).

Does anyone know if MS Word 5.5 supports gray scale images, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance...

-J.

--
John P. Silva                                 "I drank WHAT?!"
Inova Products, Inc.                 Internet: jsilva@cogsci.berkeley.edu

userW6BP@um.cc.umich.edu (05/07/91)

In article <1991May6.002130.25707@agate.berkeley.edu>,
jsilva@cogsci.berkeley.edu (John Silva) writes:
>I am looking for a method of importing gray-scale scans into MicroSoft Word 5
>.5
>for a mailmerge project.  The scanner software I am using has the ability to
>
>produce either TIFF or PCX images.  Unfortunately, MS Word 5.5 only seems to
>
>be able to import HPGL and PostScript images (and only line art at that).
>
>Does anyone know if MS Word 5.5 supports gray scale images, and if so, how?
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>-J.
>
>--
>John P. Silva                                 "I drank WHAT?!"
>Inova Products, Inc.                 Internet: jsilva@cogsci.berkeley.edu
>(415)222-9255                          Usenet: ucbvax!cogsci!jsilva

RTM. On pages 386 to 388 of the Word5.5 manual it lists the file types for
importing and some of the software that produces such images. B&W and
greyscale TIFF are listed as well as PCX.

To see how it is actually done, look in chapter 20 of the manual. It's a
simple matter of following the prompts.

--Allan