[comp.os.msdos.apps] NFS for msdos

jbhuber@IASTATE.EDU (Huber Joseph Blaine) (06/01/91)

I am looking for a public domain/shareware implentation of NFS for a pc running
msdos.  I would like to mount files on a unix system (fileserver) running NFS
via an ethernet network.  I believe there is a commercial implementation of this
called PC-NFS.

Also, please let me know if there is a newsgroup that is more appropriate for
this posting.  This is kind of a starting point in my search for this software.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Joe Huber
Dept. of Mech. Egr.
Iowa State University
jbhuber@iastate.edu

rob@iccdev.indcomp.com (Rob Rich) (06/02/91)

jbhuber@IASTATE.EDU (Huber Joseph Blaine) writes:

>I am looking for a public domain/shareware implentation of NFS for a pc running
>msdos.  I would like to mount files on a unix system (fileserver) running NFS
>via an ethernet network.  I believe there is a commercial implementation of this
>called PC-NFS.

I would like to find out about any p.d. implementations of NFS also. (But I
have never heard of such an animal).

--
Rob
                                           |  Robert M. Rich, Jr.
   Internet : rob@iccdev.indcomp.com       |  Industrial Computer Corporation
   UUCP : ..!{emory,gatech}!iccdev!rob     |  5871 Glenridge Drive, Suite 300
   Voice: 404/255-8336 FAX: 404/250-0602   |  Atlanta, Georgia  30328

ralf+@cs.cmu.edu (Ralf Brown) (06/06/91)

In article <583@iccdev.indcomp.com> rob@iccdev.indcomp.com (Rob Rich) writes:
}I would like to find out about any p.d. implementations of NFS also. (But I
}have never heard of such an animal).

I just stumbled across what appears to be an MSDOS version of an NFS server
on ISCA01.ISCA.UIOWA.EDU [128.255.16.175] in /msdos/lan.  Didn't bother
FTP'ing the 200K .EXE archive or 400K source archive, though, so I can't
be sure.
--
{backbone}!cs.cmu.edu!ralf  ARPA: RALF@CS.CMU.EDU   FIDO: Ralf Brown 1:129/53
BITnet: RALF%CS.CMU.EDU@CARNEGIE   AT&Tnet: (412)268-3053 (school)   FAX: ask