[comp.os.msdos.apps] Backing up PC from network

coughlan@maui.qualcomm.com (Sean Coughlan) (06/09/91)

We have numerous PCs that need to be backed up nightly. At this time, we have
an operator going from PC to PC and running a backup procedure on each and
every one (We are runing telnet on the network, and are sending the backup
to a unix system.)

Is there any software that will allow us to access the PCs remotely (from
another PC, or from the unix machine) and perform the backups?

	Thanks for the help,
	Sean Coughlan
	coughlan@qualcomm.com

lemson@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (David Lemson) (06/09/91)

coughlan@maui.qualcomm.com (Sean Coughlan) writes:

>We have numerous PCs that need to be backed up nightly. At this time, we have
>an operator going from PC to PC and running a backup procedure on each and
>every one (We are runing telnet on the network, and are sending the backup
>to a unix system.)
There are several backup programs (Back-it 4 comes to mind) that
will automatically run at a specified time each day or week.  This
might be simpler then trying to run a Carbon Copy-type program on
each one.

--
David Lemson   University of Illinois Computing Services Consultant
Internet : lemson@uiuc.edu         UUCP :...!uiucuxc!uiucux1!lemson