[comp.os.msdos.apps] I need... Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

enzerinkp@topaz.ucq.edu.au (Peter Enzerink, UCCQ, Australia.) (06/17/91)

In article <3313@sparko.gwu.edu>, timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) writes:

> If anyone has the original masters for CD 2.0, PM 4.0, and Excel 3.0,
> could you please email me the disk titles?  For instance, CorelDraw!
> disk 1 is called "Setup", etc.  Thanx.
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------- The Time Traveler
> Let me take you far away                                    a.k.a. Timur Tabi
> You'd like a holiday                             Internet: timur@seas.gwu.edu
> Exchange the cold days for the sun              Bitnet:          HE891C@GWUVM
> The good times ... and fun         -- Scorpions (awesome concert 5/10/91!)

I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would openly state that they
have pirated software, then ask for help with it!

Where are the software police? Surely someone must be able to act on this.
We're talking about approx $3000 worth of software. Doesn't anyone want their
legal share of sales?

                               [No Junk Mail]
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
Peter Enzerink, 3rd Yr Student        University College of Central Queensland
Bachelor Applied Science (Computing)             Yaamba Road, Rockhampton 4702
DAAC Representative                                            +61 079 222 815
Internet: ENZERINP@JASPER.UCQ.EDU.AU
          ENZERINKP@TOPAZ.UCQ.EDU.AU

valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu (Doug Dougherty) (06/17/91)

enzerinkp@topaz.ucq.edu.au (Peter Enzerink, UCCQ, Australia.) writes:

>In article <3313@sparko.gwu.edu>, timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) writes:
>>
>> If anyone has the original masters for CD 2.0, PM 4.0, and Excel 3.0,
>> could you please email me the disk titles?  For instance, CorelDraw!
>> disk 1 is called "Setup", etc.  Thanx.
>>

>I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would openly state that they
>have pirated software, then ask for help with it!
>Where are the software police? Surely someone must be able to act on this.
>We're talking about approx $3000 worth of software. Doesn't anyone want their
>legal share of sales?

I don't think he was asking for the disks/software; all he said he wanted was
the titles, and you can certainly imagine situations where you would need
just the titles (e.g., where you've already got pirated versions of the
software that were pirated badly such that the labels were not
transfered).  If I thought about it, I could even come up with a
legitmate reason for his request.

As far as I can tell, his request is kosher (though just barely so)

(BTW, its kind of like advertising looking for a massage, if you get my
drift...)
--

	(Another fine mess brought to you by valley@gsbsun.uchicago.edu)

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun17.100316.7562@topaz.ucq.edu.au> enzerinkp@topaz.ucq.edu.au (Peter Enzerink, UCCQ, Australia.) writes:
>In article <3313@sparko.gwu.edu>, timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) writes:
>>
>> If anyone has the original masters for CD 2.0, PM 4.0, and Excel 3.0,
>> could you please email me the disk titles?  For instance, CorelDraw!
>> disk 1 is called "Setup", etc.  Thanx.
>>
>I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would openly state that they
>have pirated software, then ask for help with it!

Oh brother.  Did I ever say anything about having copies of the above
software? No!  Did I ask anyone to send me any programs or data? No!
Nowhere in my posting did I ever state that I was in posession of any of
these programs.

All I want is the information on the adhesive labels that are glued to the
diskettes.  I didn't think I'd have to defend myself for such a request.
I'm asking this for a friend in Germany who's a translator, and is
interested in knowing the English equivalents of his diskettes.  Geez!!!!