[comp.os.msdos.apps] PcTools 7

Frank_Murray@mindlink.bc.ca (Frank Murray) (06/19/91)

> rkim@sdcc13.ucsd.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <20763@sdcc6.ucsd.edu>
>
> Org.  : University of California, San Diego
> Person: Suro
>
> The July issue of PC World gives a very favorable review of DOS 5
> and PCTools V7.  I haven't tried either one of them, so I really
> can't verify the review.
>
> Now that both programs are out in stores, just *when* is central
> point is going to ship the upgrades to those customers who ordered
> the upgrade?

I was just wondering the same thing, so I called Central Point Software.  I was
told that the version of PCTools 7.0 in the store now was shipped with out some
additional support for MS-DOS 5.0.  This support has been added, and will go
out to all those upgrading first.  Supposedly, my copy is "Being shipped right
now!"  I hope so, I ordered it in the middle of May.

Frank Murray @ Mindlink, 523
--
Frank Murray   |   a523@MindLink.UUCP
Vancouver, BC  |

rkim@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Suro) (06/19/91)

The July issue of PC World gives a very favorable review of DOS 5
and PCTools V7.  I haven't tried either one of them, so I really
can't verify the review.

Now that both programs are out in stores, just *when* is central
point is going to ship the upgrades to those customers who ordered
the upgrade?

I remember when I ordered Prodigy and it took a full 8 1/2 weeks to
arrive.  And was it worth it?  I used it once, and quit.  Thank god
it was a free offer..
--
Robert W. Kim                            rkim@ucsd.edu
University of California, San Diego.     suro@ucsd.edu

gettys@yacht.enet.dec.com (Bob Gettys) (06/19/91)

	I received my PC-Tools upgrade on Monday. So they are shipping.

	/s/	Bob Gettys

oneel@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov ( Bruce Oneel ) (06/19/91)

In article <20763@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> rkim@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Suro) writes:

   The July issue of PC World gives a very favorable review of DOS 5
   and PCTools V7.  I haven't tried either one of them, so I really
   can't verify the review.

   Now that both programs are out in stores, just *when* is central
   point is going to ship the upgrades to those customers who ordered
   the upgrade?

   I remember when I ordered Prodigy and it took a full 8 1/2 weeks to
   arrive.  And was it worth it?  I used it once, and quit.  Thank god
   it was a free offer..

I purchased PCTools V7 last night.  I spent 2 hrs last night and
another 2 this morning putting it on.  It took about 4 meg (or so) and
I didn't install all of it.  It's pretty impressive that it comes with
soo much.  I upgraded from nortons 4.51 and it's quite  a change.

bruce
--
Bruce O'Neel              oneel@heasfs.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC/STX/Code 664

flint@gistdev.gist.com (Flint Pellett) (06/19/91)

rkim@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Suro) writes:

>The July issue of PC World gives a very favorable review of DOS 5
>and PCTools V7.  I haven't tried either one of them, so I really
>can't verify the review.

>Now that both programs are out in stores, just *when* is central
>point is going to ship the upgrades to those customers who ordered
>the upgrade?

I received my copy of PCTools 7 yesterday, so they are shipping them:
however I ordered mine about 2 months before it was due to be
released.  I talked to them a bit ago and the person I talked to
indicated that they had a lot more orders than expected, but were
shipping them in the order they had received the orders as fast as
possible.  Most likely the stores had their orders in before you.
--
Flint Pellett, Global Information Systems Technology, Inc.
1800 Woodfield Drive, Savoy, IL  61874     (217) 352-1165

millerje@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Jeff Miller) (06/20/91)

In article <20763@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> rkim@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Suro) writes:
.
.
.

>Now that both programs are out in stores, just *when* is central
>point is going to ship the upgrades to those customers who ordered
>the upgrade?
>--
>Robert W. Kim                            rkim@ucsd.edu
>University of California, San Diego.     suro@ucsd.edu
>"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm have to count the bristles in
>my toothbrush."

I wish I knew...we ordered the update at work as soon as we got the notice
and have yet to receive version 7.  :(

|  "NUKE THE UNBORN GAY WHALES!"       |  Jeff Miller                         |
|             - graffiti               |  millerje@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu    |