[comp.os.msdos.apps] Hyperdsk and Disk change

hartnegg@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Klaus Hartnegg) (06/20/91)

doug@hparc0.HP.COM (Doug Parsons) writes:

>I saw the same problem with my pc - only it was caused because I have
>Hyperdisk installed.  Perhaps hyperdisk 4.21 and Dos 5.0 have a problem
>with sensing disc changes.

Hyperdisk seems to have ALWAYS problems in sensing disk changes.
It seems as if it would not expect the disk to be changed
unless the disk change takes longer than the time specified as flushing
time. I had to set this as low as 2 seconds in order to not
garble my disks.

>The workaround was to press alt-F which either flushed the cache or told it
>to force a read of the disc regardless - it did the job, anyway.

Hyperdisks hotkeys do not work on my computer, the keyboard starts
doing wired things like blinking with caps lock and scroll lock
at every keypress, returning upper characters only regardless
what I do with capslock etc.
Klaus Hartnegg, Kleist-Str. 7, D-7835 Teningen, Germany | include standard
Bitnet : hartnegg@dfrruf1 or hartnegg@cernvm            | disclaimer here!
Internet : hartnegg@ibm.ruf.uni-freiburg.de             |