[comp.os.msdos.apps] Quattro Pro

wong1@husc4.harvard.edu (Christopher Wong) (06/24/91)

Has anyone encountered the error "Unable to open resource library" on Q 3.0?
I encountered it on the LAN version and could not find documentation on it
anywhere. Any clues as to what it means would be much appreciated.

This seems to be a network problem: supervisor priviledged users do not have
this problem (I am using NetWare 2.15). This problem also manifests itself
only on certain machines: DOS3.3 286 machines have no trouble, only a DOS 4.01
386 machine has this problem.

Thanks.

Chris

sph0301@UTSPH.SPH.UTH.TMC.EDU ( ) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun24.103043.1506@husc3.harvard.edu>, wong1@husc4.harvard.edu (Christopher Wong) writes:
>Has anyone encountered the error "Unable to open resource library" on Q 3.0?
>I encountered it on the LAN version and could not find documentation on it
>anywhere. Any clues as to what it means would be much appreciated.
>
>This seems to be a network problem: supervisor priviledged users do not have
>this problem (I am using NetWare 2.15). This problem also manifests itself
>only on certain machines: DOS3.3 286 machines have no trouble, only a DOS 4.01
>386 machine has this problem.

I ran into this problem when we installed Quattro on our network.  Be sure that
both the local directory and the network directory are in your path (I use a
batch file to reset the path and restore the old path after exiting Quattro).
Also, if you are upgrading from an earlier version of Quattro, be sure you
run the MPMAKE command (see the User's Guide, p. 658-9).
Kate Wilson
sph0301@utsph.sph.uth.tmc.edu