[comp.os.msdos.apps] Obscure MS-DOS 5.0 problems

nina@panix.uucp (Nina Yuan) (06/27/91)

In article <JMERRILL.91Jun25144452@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> jmerrill@jarthur.claremont.edu (Jason Merrill) writes:
>I strongly doubt there are any significant bugs between Windows 3 and DOS
>5.0; after all, they are both MS products, and DOS 5 had the largest beta
>testing program MS (or anyone else?) has ever used.  Problems are starting
>to crop up with DOS 5, but these are obscure incompatibilities like Plus
>Hardcards not working properly on 6Mhz IBM AT's (and only 6Mhz IBM AT's)
>under DOS 5.  Anything Joe Average User, or even Joe Average Power User, is

Anyone have any further comments on this?  I have a 6MHz IBM AT and a Plus
Hardcard (52 meg Hardcard II XL) and am about to go to my friendly Egghead
to get a copy of DOS 5.0.  I've been following all the threads here on
DOS 5, and this is the first time I've heard of this problem.

Nina H. Yuan
Harvard College                            PANIX -- Public Access Unix of NY
yuan1@husc.harvard.edu                     nina@panix.com