[net.ham-radio] Keyer paddles

clements@bbnccq.ARPA (Bob Clements) (01/16/86)

To whomever was asking about keyer paddles:

Well, it has been a while since I pounded brass regularly.  I still copy
it a lot (W1AW machine-sent bulletins) but don't send much. My top
speed was 25 WPM.

Back when I did use CW enough to want a good keyer paddle, I asked
K2KIR what he recommended - being a CW traffic hound.  He suggested
one made by Brown Brothers (of St Louis, as I recall).  I got one
and never regretted it. It is very solid, feels great, less filling,
no problems at all. It's iambic (though I learned on a keyer before
iambics were common, so I don't use it that way).

I haven't seen an ad for one in a long time, so I don't know whether
they are available any more or not.   If so, I recommend them.

/Rcc
(K1BC)
ARPA: clements@bbn
USENET: {ihnp4, decvax, linus, etc}!bbncca!clements
PACKET: K1BC @ K1BC

mojo@kepler.UUCP (Morris Jones) (01/18/86)

In article <1627@brl-tgr.ARPA> clements@bbnccq.ARPA (Bob Clements) writes:
>Back when I did use CW enough to want a good keyer paddle, I asked
>K2KIR what he recommended - being a CW traffic hound.  He suggested
>one made by Brown Brothers (of St Louis, as I recall).

I own both a Brown Brothers and a Bencher paddle.  My usage was for
QRQ (well, 35 wpm at least) ragchewing, traffic handling, and contests,
and my preference is now the Bencher.  It's my pride and joy.

But both are very find paddles, and I believe you'll be happy with
either.  It's probably a little like buying a word processor.

AA4KB (formerly WB4YCV, WB6DJP, N6DE, opr. W6UE et al.)
(any former NTS associates of mine out there?)
--
Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Product Development