[comp.os.msdos.apps] DO$ 5.0, WINDOW$ and QEMM386. Any Problems?

Robert_Salesas@mindlink.bc.ca (Robert Salesas) (06/25/91)

The use of the dollar symbol ($) as a replacement for the letter S generally
refers to something that is quite expensive, generally unduly so.  DOS 5.0 is
NOT expensive.  At $40, there is no way you can call it that.  I imagine then,
that there must be another reason for your substitution of the S by a $.

Rob
\ Robert Salesas             + Usenet: Robert_Salesas@MINDLINK.bc.ca /
\ Eschalon Development Inc.  + CIS:    76625,1320    BYTE:  newdawn  /

msmith@proton.tricity.wsu.edu (Mark Smith) (06/26/91)

I have DO$ 5.0 on order (from Egghead of course).  I currently run win 3.0
in enhanced mode, dos 4.01 and qemm386 v5.12.  At work i've heard RUMMORS
of problems with QEMM386 v5.12 and the rest of the stuff.  Is there any fact
to this?

msmith@att3b2.tricity.wsu.edu

msmith@proton.tricity.wsu.edu (Mark Smith) (06/28/91)

In article <6498@mindlink.bc.ca> Robert_Salesas@mindlink.bc.ca (Robert Salesas) writes:
>The use of the dollar symbol ($) as a replacement for the letter S generally
>refers to something that is quite expensive, generally unduly so.  DOS 5.0 is
>NOT expensive.  At $40, there is no way you can call it that.  I imagine then,
>that there must be another reason for your substitution of the S by a $.

Actually, the $40 is from Egghead only.  If a person hasn't been lucky enough
to have found out about this deal, then they end up paying $70 to $80.  The
best that I've seen on the shelves is $70, and that's at one of those
wharehouse places that sell every thing from groceries to hardware to automotive
to household to sports.  In other words, a little of what ever is popular at the
time.

xxberry@utacnvx.uta.edu (Mr. J. Berry Rogers) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun27.234225.27867@serval.net.wsu.edu> msmith@proton.tricity.wsu.edu (Mark Smith) writes:
>In article <6498@mindlink.bc.ca> Robert_Salesas@mindlink.bc.ca (Robert Salesas) writes:
>>The use of the dollar symbol ($) as a replacement for the letter S generally
>>refers to something that is quite expensive, generally unduly so.  DOS 5.0 is
>>NOT expensive.  At $40, there is no way you can call it that.

>Actually, the $40 is from Egghead only.  If a person hasn't been lucky enough
>to have found out about this deal, then they end up paying $70 to $80...

Actually, the best price going around here is roughly $55 at CompUSA.  Bizmart
was close at $59...  And so far the only problem I have had is with the
America OnLine software, which I got up and running after reading the manual
about SETVER.EXE  (and asking a friend who works for IBM :0)  )

| O |    --  J Berry Rogers, aka UTAMouse in some realms...          | O |
| O |    >>> xxberry@utacnvx.uta.edu  <or> C056JBR@utarlg.uta.edu    | O |
| O |  --> "The less I seek my source for some definitive, the       | O |
| O |           closer I am to fine...  -Indigo Girls                | O |