[comp.os.msdos.misc] config.sys and 3 1/2" drive

hoque@huxley.UUCP (Tareq Hoque) (07/20/90)

I have another syntax question regarding the CONFIG.SYS file.  I would
appreciate if some one could offer their wisdom.

I have a good ole' fashion IBM-XT (genuine), to which I have added a 700k
3 1/2" floppy drive.  In order to get DOS to recognize the drive I had to put
a line in the CONFIG.SYS file.  Unfortunately, the file inadvertantely was
unrecoverably erased and I don't have the drive's documentation.  Would
anyone happen to know the required line that needs to be inserted into the
file?

Thanks for the help.
=tareq

dhiman@motcid.UUCP (Ravinder Dhiman) (07/24/90)

hoque@huxley.UUCP (Tareq Hoque) writes:

>I have another syntax question regarding the CONFIG.SYS file.  I would
>appreciate if some one could offer their wisdom.

>I have a good ole' fashion IBM-XT (genuine), to which I have added a 700k
>3 1/2" floppy drive.  In order to get DOS to recognize the drive I had to put
>a line in the CONFIG.SYS file.  Unfortunately, the file inadvertantely was
>unrecoverably erased and I don't have the drive's documentation.  Would
>anyone happen to know the required line that needs to be inserted into the
>file?

>Thanks for the help.
>=tareq

In my XT clone running MS-DOS 3.3, I have:

		DEVICE=DRIVER.SYS /D:01 /F:2

Ravi Dhiman
Motorola, Inc.
Cellular Infrastructure Div.