[comp.os.msdos.misc] Unix utility "tar" for a PC ?

andrsonj@motcid.UUCP (John Anderson) (08/24/90)

Does anyone know where I can get a version of the Unix utility "tar"
that runs on a PC under DOS ?

--

Motorola, Inc.                                      John D. Anderson
Cellular Infrastructure Division                    ..!uunet!motcid!andrsonj

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (08/24/90)

In article <4485@buff7.UUCP> andrsonj@motcid.UUCP (John Anderson) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can get a version of the Unix utility "tar"
>that runs on a PC under DOS ?

Yeah.  Grab the 'pax' utility from comp.binaries.ibm.pc (3 part posting).
It just appeared today at this site, so it oughta still be around on yours.

This utility is an EXCELLENT tar implementation for the pc.
--
| ..uunet!bnrgate!bmerh724!mlord | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |