[comp.os.msdos.misc] What compiler to get?

esteban@apollo.HP.COM (Steven Fernandez) (09/10/90)

I saw PowerBasic in the store the other day. Is this TurboBasic under a new
name? How does it compare to the version put out by Microsoft?  I know
Pascal and
C. Would I be better off getting Turbo C++ or Turbo Pascal?  I am
looking for a language
that is easy to use and play with. The higher level and more library
routines to do standard
stuff the better.

			Thanks for the advice.

			Steve

 Steven Fernandez                      esteban@apollo.hp.com
 Hewlett Packard, Apollo Division

Greg.Smith@bohemia.UUCP (Greg Smith) (09/16/90)

-> SF>I saw PowerBasic in the store the other day. Is this
-> SF>TurboBasic under a new
PowerBasic is a Basic compiler developed by MIX software Inc.  It is not
the same as Turbo C.

-> SF>Pascal and
-> SF>C. Would I be better off getting Turbo C++ or Turbo Pascal?
-> SF> I am
-> SF>looking for a language
-> SF>that is easy to use and play with. The higher level and
-> SF>more library
-> SF>routines to do standard
-> SF>stuff the better.
I am a Turbo Pascal programmer myself.  I am also learning C.  As for which
language to get, it is really your choice.  They both have the wonderful
powers of Object Oriented Programming.  C is a more interchangable
language, as it can often be compiled on many computers (ANSI C), while
Pascal has a little more structure and special enhancements.  I would
choose the language that I know best.

                                                -=+Greg+=-
--- QuickBBS 2.64 (Eval)
 * Origin: Bohemia BBS system (303)449-8946 (200:5000/301)

--
Greg Smith - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
UUCP: ...!boulder!bohemia!Greg.Smith