[comp.os.msdos.misc] Grammer checker for DOS

alan@pluto.dss.com (Alan Warwick) (11/01/90)

Hello -

	I am looking for a grammer and syntax checker that runs under MSDOS.
I will need to do a good amount of writing soon, however being a programmer
my english isn't really as good as it should be. :-(  Please E-mail any
references to products, both public domain, shareware and commercial. I will
be happy to summarize my findings for the net.

						Thanks in advance,

						Alan Warwick
						alan@dss.com
						Datability Software Systems
						New York City
|  Alan Warwick                                   Datability Software Systems |
| alan@doc.dss.com  		                  New York City               |

sonny@charybdis.harris-atd.com (Bob Davis) (11/02/90)

	I keep having this recurring nightmare. It goes like
this:  I work my buns off for 2 years solid on this state-of-the-art
DOS application software. At last I am done. I draw out the very LAST of
my life savings and buy a truckload of 8-color snazzy disk labels that will
make the ENTIRE EARTH want my software. They are delivered.

	They say:

	    THE EARTHS FINEST GRAMER & SPELING CHEKER! (TM)

Bob Davis, UofALA'66   \\ INTERNET : sonny@trantor.harris-atd.com  |  _   _  |
Harris Corporation, ESS \\    UUCP : ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!sonny |_| |_| | |
Advanced Technology Dept.\\ AETHER : K4VNO          |==============|_/\/\/\|_|
PO Box 37, MS 3A/1912     \\ VOICE : (407) 727-5886 | I SPEAK ONLY | |_| |_| |
Melbourne, FL 32902        \\  FAX : (407) 729-2537 | FOR MYSELF.  |_________|

Greg.Smith@bohemia.UUCP (Greg Smith) (11/03/90)

AW>        I am looking for a grammer and syntax checker that
AW>runs under MSDOS.
AW>I will need to do a good amount of writing soon, however
AW>being a programmer
AW>my english isn't really as good as it should be. :-(
As for a grammar checker, I have found the Grammatick products to be very
good.  The latest version is  Grammatick IV  it is very nice, and supports
the file formats of most popular wordprocessors.

                         Greg

--- QuickBBS 2.64 (Eval)
 * Origin: Bohemia BBS system (303)449-8946 (200:5000/301)

--
Greg Smith - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
For best results, reply via UUCP: ...!boulder!bohemia!Greg.Smith