[comp.os.msdos.misc] com3 & 4

par@hq.af.mil (Paul A. Reitelbach) (11/07/90)

I have a driver that I use on my Z-248 at work for COM3.  It loads in the
config.sys file, I never know it is there.  I have been using it for a year
now and have never had problems with it.  I even use com3 as my main printer
port on a LAN. I can send to you if you want.
--
Paul A. Reitelbach                  *   There's a way to do it better -
Computer Programmer/Analyst         *   find it.

Greg.Smith@bohemia.UUCP (Greg Smith) (11/09/90)

RA>the space for another UART so all I have to do is buy 2
RA>chips and Bam I have another serial port.
RA>But I need a driver to support it.  I have quite a load
RA>already and I really
RA>dont want to spend the time writing one.  I will if I have
RA>to though!
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you are asking for a FOSSIL driver.  I very
good one is X00 v 1.24  It is the most popular fossil driver supporting up
to 16 ports at once, specialized processor specific code, DV support, TSR or
SYS type usage...  and the list goes on.  X00V124.ZIP is the archive file
name.

                                 Greg

--- QuickBBS 2.64 (Eval)
 * Origin: Bohemia BBS system (303)449-8946 (200:5000/301)

--
Greg Smith - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
For best results, reply via UUCP: ...!boulder!bohemia!Greg.Smith