[comp.os.msdos.misc] File allocation table manipulation?

IA00078@MAINE.BITNET (Robert Cryan) (11/14/90)

I am having a problem using Norton Utilities ver. 3.0.  All the individual
programs work except nu.exe.  When I attempt to run it I receive an error:
<problem reading FAT>  All other functions on my computer are normal.
Are there any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to solve it?

Thanx     Rob Cryan   UMA

I'm not sure if this is a valid way to send me mail but my id # is:
ia00078@maine

tris@alzabo.uucp (Tris Orendorff) (11/25/90)

IA00078@MAINE.BITNET (Robert Cryan) writes:

>I am having a problem using Norton Utilities ver. 3.0.  All the individual
>programs work except nu.exe.  When I attempt to run it I receive an error:
><problem reading FAT>  All other functions on my computer are normal.
>Are there any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to solve it?

Norton Utilities V3.0 is about three years old.  MSDOS has changed quite a
bit since then.  I suggest that you upgrade to V5.0.  It will handle the
new disk formats that MSDOS uses.

--
				Sincerely Yours
				Tris Orendorff

 LADY BRACKNELL:  He seems to have had great confidence in the opinion
                 of his physicians.