[comp.os.msdos.misc] 4DOS and Windows 3 Conflict

qureshi@.berkeley.edu (Mohammad Qureshi) (12/07/90)

Recently I tried to use Windows 3 while running 4DOS 3.01. My problem is that
I can't get windows to run in enhanced mode with 4DOS.

Anynoe else have a similar problem and/or a solution.

Please e-mail only. I'll post a summary.

Mohammad Qureshi    qureshi@sequent.berkeley.edu or qureshi@tornado.berkeley.edu
Institute of Transportation studies

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec6.212738.10311@agate.berkeley.edu> qureshi@.berkeley.edu (Mohammad Qureshi) writes:
<
<Recently I tried to use Windows 3 while running 4DOS 3.01. My problem is that
<I can't get windows to run in enhanced mode with 4DOS.

Hmm.. this is known to work on several systems.  But not for you, eh..

One suggestion, which is also sometimes necessary for TC++1.0,
is to do the following in 4DOS:

	alias win *command /c win
	alias tc  *command /c tc

Thus, these troublesome programs are always invoked under command.com
instead of 4dos/whatever.  Uses a tad more memory than usual, but it works.
--
 ___Mark S. Lord__________________________________________
| ..uunet!bnrgate!mlord%bmerh724 | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |

In article <5069@bwdls58.UUCP> mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) writes:
<
<One suggestion, which is also sometimes necessary for TC++1.0,
<is to do the following in 4DOS:
<
<	alias tc  *command /c tc

Oops.. My mistake:  this is only necessary for TC++1.01 -- the free upgrade.
--

keirje@avior.unm.edu (Puppet) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec6.212738.10311@agate.berkeley.edu> qureshi@.berkeley.edu (Mohammad Qureshi) writes:

>Recently I tried to use Windows 3 while running 4DOS 3.01. My problem is that
>I can't get windows to run in enhanced mode with 4DOS.
>
>Anynoe else have a similar problem and/or a solution.
>
>Please e-mail only. I'll post a summary.

>Mohammad Qureshi    qureshi@sequent.berkeley.edu or qureshi@tornado.berkeley.edu
>Institute of Transportation studies

    I had this problem too... Try switching the order of emm386.sys and
  himem.sys

                  - Kay