[comp.os.msdos.misc] How to hide a directory

G22QC@CUNYVM (12/07/90)

Can anybody tell me how to hide a directory in Dos 3.30 or Dos 4.0?
I learned that we can use Debug, but I don't know how to do it.
Thanks for any response.

Eddie Wu

hd7x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Sanjay Aiyagari) (12/11/90)

In article <90340.130432G22QC@CUNYVM.BITNET>, G22QC@CUNYVM writes:
> Can anybody tell me how to hide a directory in Dos 3.30 or Dos 4.0?
> I learned that we can use Debug, but I don't know how to do it.
> Thanks for any response.
> Eddie Wu

There are countless utilities on SIMTEL to do this.  One of my favorites is a
PC Magazine utility called ATTR.  It works similarly to the DOS ATTRIB command
except that there are -s and -h parameters for system and hidden files.  To
hide a directory called SECRET, you would type:
attr +h secret
Sanjay Aiyagari (hd7x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu)