[comp.os.msdos.misc] About Ms-Dos 5.0 ?

G22QC@CUNYVM (12/24/90)

Does anybody hear anything about Dos 5.0?  I heard that it was supposed
to come out the end of this year, but where is it?  I am currently
using Dos 5.0 Beta.  I can't wait to use the "real" Dos 5.0.
-------

   Eddie Wu
{* G22QC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU *}

*********

schuster@cup.portal.com (Michael Alan Schuster) (12/25/90)

>Does anybody hear anything about Dos 5.0?  I heard that it was supposed
>to come out the end of this year, but where is it?  I am currently
>using Dos 5.0 Beta.  I can't wait to use the "real" Dos 5.0.

Why don't you ask the source you received "Dos 5.0 Beta" from?

ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) (12/28/90)

>Does anybody hear anything about Dos 5.0?  I heard that it was supposed
----------------------------
I read somewhere they are testing *VERRRRY* carefully to avoid the bad
rap DOS 4.00 got as being buggy. Expect release abt MAR 91, I think.
			-ted-

ted@helios.ucsc.edu |"He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the
W (408)459-2110     |Lord require of you but to do justice and to love kindness
H (408)423-2444     |and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8 (RSV)

G22QC@CUNYVM (12/31/90)

Something you might not know.  My purpose was to let everybody
discuss about Dos 5.0.  I think that this is how this NetNews
works (to discuss about something).  Of course, I could've
called the place where I got Dos 5.0 Beta from.
-------

   Eddie Wu
{* G22QC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU *}

*********

Greg.Smith@p11.f477.n104.z1.METRONET.ORG (Greg Smith) (12/31/90)

To: G22QC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

 G2> Does anybody hear anything about Dos 5.0?  I heard that it was supposed
 G2> to come out the end of this year, but where is it?  I am currently
 G2> using Dos 5.0 Beta.  I can't wait to use the "real" Dos 5.0.
 G2> -------
Try Dr-Dos 5.0, it's been out for a month.  I'm using it here and I love it!  I have 609k free for my applications with my current configuration...  I load 85% of my stuff high!

                              Greg
--- XRS! 4.00
 * Origin: Reading this is pointless. (Quick 1:104/477.11)

Greg Smith - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
The Bohemia BBS System, Boulder Colorado (303)449-8946
UUCP:  Greg.Smith@p11.f477.n104.z1.METRONET.ORG
 or :  ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!1!104!477.11!Greg.Smith

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (01/01/91)

| Something you might not know.  My purpose was to let everybody
| discuss about Dos 5.0.  I think that this is how this NetNews
| works (to discuss about something).  Of course, I could've
| called the place where I got Dos 5.0 Beta from.
| -------
|
|    Eddie Wu
| {* G22QC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU *}

Well, tough luck, Eddie.  I would've liked such a discussion too, but
this thread seems to be collapsing toward the UNIX-vs-MSDOS religious war.
I'm about ready to kill the thread; its signal-to-noise ratio is pushing zero.

Flame-fests:  The fixed points of the Usenet.