[comp.os.msdos.misc] Need something to Prune/Graft directories between Disks

mwm@raybed2.msd.ray.com (mwm) (01/31/91)

    Subject says it all.  I can use Windows to do it, but sometimes
I don't want to start Windows just to move some directories around. I've
tried PC Tools, Automaxx, Xtree, none seem to offer this option, or did
I miss it in the documentation.  Hopefully a shareware program will do
this for me.  I have too many file managers already :)

Thanks in advance,
Mark

--
*Mark Marino             * The old ranger weathered the storm and he topped the
*mwm@raybed6.msd.ray.com * rise by the middle of morn.  He saw rippled dunes,

userAKDU@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Al Dunbar) (02/01/91)

In article <2073@raybed2.msd.ray.com>, mwm@raybed2.msd.ray.com (mwm) writes:

>    Subject says it all.  I can use Windows to do it, but sometimes
>I don't want to start Windows just to move some directories around. I've
>tried PC Tools, Automaxx, Xtree, none seem to offer this option, or did
>I miss it in the documentation.  Hopefully a shareware program will do
>this for me.  I have too many file managers already :)

For phase one, try a DOS program called XCOPY:

        XCOPY C:"from"here"*.* D:"to"here /s

will copy all files from the location  on drive C: to drive D:,
including all subdirectories and their contents.

For phase two (deleting the source) there are lots of utilities
available, including PCTools.

 Al Dunbar          |
 Edmonton, Alberta  |  Disclaimer: "I disclaim disclaimers"
 CANADA             |