[comp.os.msdos.misc] PS Printing from DOS prompt/dbase/etc.

altman@sbcs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) (02/14/91)

I am looking for a device driver or TSR which intercepts
printing to the printer port and converts the text only
output in Postscript for use with a Postscript printer.

Does such a beast exist?  And where might I find it?

Thanks in advance.

--
- Jeff (jaltman@ccmail.sunysb.edu)

glratt@uncle-bens.rice.edu (Glenn Forbes Larratt) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb14.061418.28442@sbcs.sunysb.edu> altman@sbcs.sunysb.edu (Jeff Altman) writes:

>I am looking for a device driver or TSR which intercepts
>printing to the printer port...

Check out POSTPRN, at simtel20.  It comes with source code, so you can hack it
if necessary to fit your needs (e.g. I have hacked it so that I can load
two different versions of it that set up separate converters to LPT2: and
LPT3:).

Hope this helps - in general, look in the indices at wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
before posting, as the stuff is usually there :-)

--
	Glenn Larratt			glratt@uncle-bens.rice.edu
	Computing Resource Center	OCIS, Rice University, Houston, Texas