[comp.os.msdos.misc] PKZip

lus@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Joel Lusman) (02/16/91)

I have been using PKZip and unzip for quite some time now and am very happy with them.  I have run into a problem using PKZip though, how does one get it to zip up all subdirectories of a disk, I cannot figure out which flag it is and how to make it work.   Replies via e-mail would be greatly appreciated.

c2s4027@tamsun.tamu.edu (Cedric Sims) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb15.175433.2537@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> lus@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Joel Lusman) writes:

>I have been using PKZip and unzip for quite some time now and am very happy with them.  I have run into a problem using PKZip though, how does one get it to zip up all subdirectories of a disk, I cannot figure out which flag it is and how to make it work.
>   Replies via e-mail would be greatly appreciated.

The command is :    pkzip -rp <zipfile> <filename or wildcards>

  The -r traverses the sub-directories and -p stores the pathnames.
When the file is unziped, it will restore the sub-directories in
their proper places.

-------------------------------------
Cedric Sims
TAMU Supercompter Center
c1s4027@sc.tamu.edu
 --My other car is a CRAY--

kdq@demott.com (Kevin D. Quitt) (02/17/91)

In article <12227@helios.TAMU.EDU> c2s4027@tamsun.tamu.edu (Cedric Sims) writes:
>In article <1991Feb15.175433.2537@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> lus@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Joel Lusman) writes:
>>
>>I have been using PKZip and unzip for quite some time now and am very happy with them.  I have run into a problem using PKZip though, how does one get it to zip up all subdirectories of a disk, I cannot figure out which flag it is and how to make it wor
k.
>>   Replies via e-mail would be greatly appreciated.
>
>The command is :    pkzip -rp <zipfile> <filename or wildcards>
>
>  The -r traverses the sub-directories and -p stores the pathnames.
>When the file is unziped, it will restore the sub-directories in
>their proper places.

    If you unzip it with the -d option.

--
 _
Kevin D. Quitt         demott!kdq   kdq@demott.com

ms33@prism.gatech.EDU (Mike Sullivan, a.k.a. Sully) (02/18/91)

>> I have been using PKZip and unzip for quite some time now and am
>> very happy with them.  I have run into a problem using PKZip though,
>> how does one get it to zip up all subdirectories of a disk, I cannot
>> figure out which flag it is and how to make it work.

> The command is : pkzip -rp <zipfile> <filename or wildcards>
>
> The -r traverses the sub-directories and -p stores the pathnames.
> When the file is unziped, it will restore the sub-directories in
> their proper places.

To restore the subdirectories, one must use the -d option on pkunzip.  I.e.
  pkunzip -d <zipfile>

Mike Sullivan

One of many Michael P. Sullivans, my views are expressly my own, and are not
endorsed by my boss, fellow workers, or any other Mike Sullivan. :-)
Internet: ms33@prism.gatech.edu     |      Ga.Tech, Atlanta Georgia, 30332