[comp.os.msdos.misc] VOTE for NOVELL newsgroup

infocenter@urz.unibas.ch (02/20/91)

To all Novell Users and especially managers!

Postings about Novell can be found in a lot of different newsgroups. It is
always a hassle to search in twenty-nine newsgroups to examine in which one
your Novell problem is treated.

Why not creating a Noell newsgroup. So all Novell related problems is
concentrated in one place. There are for sure a lot:

tcp-ip bridge, AppleTalk integration, communication server, network boards,
mailing software, printer accounting etc. etc.

All this stuff is now dispersed!

possible groups could be:

comp.os.novell
comp.protocols.novell
comp.sys.novell

or whatever.

Please do not send EMail to my personal address, make followups on the net, so
everybody can talk and see about the problems that are connected with that
subject.

bye ....................................................................  Didi

*  Universitas Basiliensis                                       InfoCenter  *

tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu (Carl Schelin) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb20.085545.1380@urz.unibas.ch>, infocenter@urz.unibas.ch says:

>To all Novell Users and especially managers!
>
>Postings about Novell can be found in a lot of different newsgroups. It is
>always a hassle to search in twenty-nine newsgroups to examine in which one
>your Novell problem is treated.
>
>   [stuff deleted]
>
>possible groups could be:
>
>comp.os.novell
>comp.protocols.novell
>comp.sys.novell

Ummm, in my search for the keyword "novell" on my list-of-lists I
find:

bit.listserv.novell
comp.sys.novell

Since I don't have any alt... sites, there may be some there too.

Personally, I'd rather see a MS LanManager group. That may be
out there too (but not as a *.lanman.* group).

Carl Schelin
3+Share Network Manager
(soon to be) MS Lanman Network Manager
tcs@mailer.jhuapl.edu

rml@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Dr.Ross Lazarus) (02/21/91)

I vote yes for one.
I read the Novell fidonet echo conference regularly and find it helpful.
comp.dcom.lan does not seem to move far away from tcp/ip very often.

medici@dorm.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) (02/22/91)

Hey folks -- try reading comp.sys.novell.  It is exactly what you're
talking about forming.

Mark Medici ** Systems Programmer III * Rutgers University Computing Services
medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu * medici@cancer.BITNET * !rutgers!elbereth!medici
My opinions are not necessarily my employers'. *Reality is context-sensitive.

cctr132@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (Nick FitzGerald, CSC, Uni. of Canterbury, NZ) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb20.085545.1380@urz.unibas.ch>, infocenter@urz.unibas.ch writes:

> To all Novell Users and especially managers!
>
> Postings about Novell can be found in a lot of different newsgroups. It is
> always a hassle to search in twenty-nine newsgroups to examine in which one
> your Novell problem is treated.
>
> Why not creating a Noell newsgroup. So all Novell related problems is
>[stuff deleted]
> possible groups could be:
>
> comp.os.novell
> comp.protocols.novell
> comp.sys.novell
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You obviously don't get a full feed - this group already exists.  Ask your
News Manager/networking wiz/sys admin to add this group to the local newsgroup
database so stuff from it comes down from the site "above" you.  If they don't
get it ask them politely if they would mind so they can send it on.

 Nick FitzGerald, PC Applications Consultant, CSC, Uni of Canterbury, N.Z.
 Internet: n.fitzgerald@csc.canterbury.ac.nz        Phone: (64)(3) 642-337

toddc@.TV.TEK.COM (Todd Carlson) (02/23/91)

Here is another vote for it!!!!!!!!

Todd Carlson                      |      "Soon the Gypsie Queen,
toddc@amati.TV.TEK.COM            |       in a glaze of Vaseline,
Computer Resources Coordinator    |       will perform on guillotine.
TV Division, Tektronix Inc.       |       What a scene, what a scene."