[comp.os.msdos.misc] Odd-named files:What are they?

schuster@panix.uucp (Michael Schuster) (03/08/91)

In article <5934@rex.cs.tulane.edu> keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John W. Keating) writes:
>Finally getting around to clearing the trash that has been collecting in
>the myriad directories of my hard drive, I came across the following files
>in my root directory:
>
>screen00.plt	size:   777
>screen00.bld	size: 64007

These are "palette" and "bload" (bitmap) files for a picture,
Lawrence Gozum's VGA manipulation utilities use this syntax ... perhaps
others do as well. The generic ("screen00") names would suggest that
these are the default file names for a screen capture, or an intermediate
file during a conversion process.

How'd I do?  :-)

--
 Mike Schuster                                      |    CIS: 70346,1745
 NY Public Access UNIX:  ...cmcl2!panix!schuster    |    MCI Mail, GENIE: