[comp.os.msdos.misc] file name completion TSR...

sb4@doc.ic.ac.uk (Simon Breeze) (03/07/91)

I'm looking for a TSR to run under DOS 4.01 which will allow file name
completion in much the same format as UN*X.  I do know all
about 4DOS but need something that will run in plain old vanilla MS-DOS.
Could anyone please point me toward a program and tell where I could get
hold of it.
					Thanx,
						Simon.

mcintoshc@ctl.co.nz (03/13/91)

In article <2988@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk>, sb4@doc.ic.ac.uk (Simon Breeze) writes:
> I'm looking for a TSR to run under DOS 4.01 which will allow file name
> completion in much the same format as UN*X.  I do know all
> about 4DOS but need something that will run in plain old vanilla MS-DOS.
> Could anyone please point me toward a program and tell where I could get
> hold of it.
> 					Thanx,
> 						Simon.

I have used briefly (we now use 4dos) one called ANARKEY.
It was written by a chap called Stephen Calwas (or something like that!)

I can't find any details about it at this moment, but as I recall it had
feature like:

    command line recall/edit  (insert/overwrite)
    command line 'auto' history buffer
    directory cycling / name completion
    filename completion

If you want further details, let me know by email and I'll try to dig
itup for you..

good hunting

Colin
From :   Colin McIntosh,  Project Manager      	 #        .=====. ========
     	 Computertime Ltd,  P.O. Box 6243	 #       /     /     /    /
	 Wellington, New Zealand		 #      /           /    /
Phone:   (04) 852 195				 #     /           /    /
Fax  :   (04) 828 288				 #    /     /     /    /
Internet:    MCINTOSHC@NZFC.CO.NZ  		 #    ======     /     ======