[comp.os.msdos.misc] Reading other format disks with DOS?

ncc1701@itsgw.rpi.edu (Mark O. Chadwick) (03/15/91)

floyd@starsend.UUCP (Floyd Miller) writes:

>Is there, perhaps, a DOS utility available to read Unix floppies?
>Or a way to access the floppy on an AT machine so as to bypass
>whatever is looking for the DOS format?

I, too, am looking for a generic disk read routine/utility.  I need to
read disks formatted with 256 byte sectors, 18 sectors per track.  Is
there any way to force the disk controller into that mode? if so, how?

If anyone has Turbo-C source code, that would be awesome! If there is
some sort of utility that does that that I can get from someone, that
would be nice, too :-)

Please email if you have any ideas.  Thanks!

Mark "Emerson" Chadwick       |  It has come to the attention of management
 ncc1701@rpi.edu              |  This practice MUST STOP.  Any employee found
 usergdes@rpitsmts.bitnet     |  dead on the job, either in an upright or
  chadwickmo@afsc-sdx.af.mil  |  prone position, will immediately be dropped