[comp.os.msdos.misc] Repair of DOS backup files

salehh@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (03/17/91)

 Is there a utility that will repair damaged backup files?
 The files are ascii and were backedup under DOS 3.2 . The
 possible cause of the damage is that the machine the files
 were backedup from had floppy drives that were out of alignment.

 Please reply to salehh@jacobs.cs.orst.edu

 Thank you !

userAKDU@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Al Dunbar) (03/18/91)

In article <1991Mar16.162129.4897@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU>, salehh@jacobs.cs.orst.edu writes:

> Is there a utility that will repair damaged backup files?
> The files are ascii and were backedup under DOS 3.2 . The
> possible cause of the damage is that the machine the files
> were backedup from had floppy drives that were out of alignment.
>
> Please reply to salehh@jacobs.cs.orst.edu
>
> Thank you !

Good luck!! If that is the cause, the same, still-out-of-alignment
floppy drive should be able to read the floppy back. If that does
not work, you could try adjusting the heads on the fly, but I
wouldn't advise it unless you were a qualified technician.

 Al Dunbar          |
 Edmonton, Alberta  |  Disclaimer: "I disclaim disclaimers"
 CANADA             |