[comp.os.msdos.misc] MNP emulation

campbell@wookumz.ai.mit.edu (Paul Campbell) (03/18/91)

I used to have a program that used a standard 2400 baud modem (NOT MNP
capable as is) and ran MNP level 5 data compression/correction with it. I
would like to find this software again. I know that I ftp'd or downloaded
it from somewhere, but I have been unable to find it again.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (03/18/91)

In article <14081@life.ai.mit.edu> campbell@wookumz.ai.mit.edu (Paul Campbell) writes:
>I used to have a program that used a standard 2400 baud modem (NOT MNP
>capable as is) and ran MNP level 5 data compression/correction with it. I
>would like to find this software again. I know that I ftp'd or downloaded
>it from somewhere, but I have been unable to find it again.

You shouldn't be able to find it again by ftp.  The reason is this.
The program was MTE215 which is a fully commercial product, but who
someone hacked and uploaded to several BBSes.  (It actually came
under a couple of different names).  We suspected what was going on
we didn't put it up for download, and warned the net as well.  If
any ftp site has it, please be warned!

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37