[comp.os.msdos.misc] WordPerfect file formats

<BMS101@psuvm.psu.edu> (03/28/91)

This probably isn't the answer you want but
    1. WP corp has a developer's toolkit that has extensive info
       on file formats etc....
    2. If you only want a part of the info calling them sometimes
       will get it Faxed/modem'ed/or mailed to you (free)
-----------------
              B  O  R  N    T  O    C  O  D  E !
Luck is directly    |BRADLEY SMALL        | Is it really "PROGRAMMING"
proportional to how |BMS101 AT PSUVM      | when it works right the
hard one works!     |BMS101@PSUVM.PSU.EDU | first time.

s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) (03/28/91)

I am trying to develop some software to work in with WordPerfect and
DrawPerfect.  I would very much like to hear from anyone who knows the
formats for the following files:

WP.DRS
.WPG files
downloadable font files

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,

Ron House.   (s64421@zeus.usq.edu.au)
(By post: Info Tech, U.C.S.Q. Toowoomba. Australia. 4350)

jwi@cbnewsj.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (03/29/91)

In article <s64421.670168926@zeus> s64421@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (house ron) writes:
> I am trying to develop some software to work in with WordPerfect and
> DrawPerfect.  I would very much like to hear from anyone who knows the
> formats for the following files:

> WP.DRS
> .WPG files
> downloadable font files

Get the WP Development Kit from WP.  $75 +$5 S&H.  Contains formats for all
WP products.

Jim Winer -- jwi@mtfme.att.com -- Opinions not represent employer.
"No, no: the purpose of language
	is to cast spells on other people ..."
					Lisa S Chabot

adamsd@crash.cts.com (Adams Douglas) (03/30/91)

In addition, there are several books on the market (no references in front of
me) which describe file formats for _dozens_ of popular word-processing
database and spreadsheet packages.

References anyone?

Adams Douglas
3206 Raintree Circle         -sometime I'll think of a good quote for here-
Culver City, CA 90230
                                          crash!adamsd

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) (03/30/91)

In article <8272@crash.cts.com>, adamsd@crash (Adams Douglas) writes:
>there are several books on the market which describe file formats ...
>References anyone?

Like, oh, say, question 3.3 in the monthly Frequently Asked Questions
file for comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc?  There are also more references in the
`books' and `old.questions' files in the comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
archives.

I don't cross-post the Frequently Asked Questions file here because I
figure people would say `Get your comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc crap out of
comp.os.msdos.programmer', but sometimes I wonder if I should...
--
Raymond Chen, your friendly (maybe) Frequently Asked Questions file maintainer