[comp.os.msdos.misc] High Capacity Floppy drives

valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) (04/03/91)

Any information on price/availability of high capacity floppy drives
would be appreciated.  I have seen several 20 Meg drives at various
computer shows; there was a note on the net some time ago about a 65 Meg
drive.  These drives generally use some kind of specially formatted 3.5"
diskette that looks just like a standard 720K or 1.44M diskette.

I am particularly interested in price and where I can get one of these.
In particular, I'd like to know if it is possible to make these babies
bootable (so that it could be the only drive in the system)

	(no .sig yet)
	(By the way, is it really true that no one takes you seriously
	 if you don't have a .sig?  Just checking...)

cctr132@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (Nick FitzGerald, CSC, Uni. of Canterbury, NZ) (04/05/91)

In article <valley.670683731@gsbsun>, valley@uchicago (Doug Dougherty) writes:

>[request deleted]
>
> 	(no .sig yet)
> 	(By the way, is it really true that no one takes you seriously
> 	 if you don't have a .sig?  Just checking...)

Nope!  People don't take you seriously (and I won't bother trying to
answer your queries) if you can't fix your f***ing mailer/news system so
it posts messages with a valid return address.  I'm not fussy, but what
the hell kind of address is:

valley@uchicago

And don't say you can work it out from the delivery path, coz I've tried,
and you can't.  I finally found a postmaster at one of uchicago's machines
who answered and told me Doug's real address, but what a hassle.

A couple of days ago I saw someone post what should have been an Email
reply to Doug, but they couldn't find a valid address so took the easy
(and incredibly wasteful) course of posting.

 Nick FitzGerald, PC Applications Consultant, CSC, Uni of Canterbury, N.Z.
 Internet: n.fitzgerald@csc.canterbury.ac.nz        Phone: (64)(3) 642-337