[comp.os.msdos.misc] a screwed up directory

weasel@frey.newcastle.edu.au (Geoff Skellams) (04/08/91)

    I have a directory at home on my hard drive that doesn't have a . directory.
I have been trying to  rmdir it for a while. The directory is completely empty
(including hidden files), but I get a directory not empty error.
    Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea on how it happened.

    Has anyone got any idea on how to fix this problem?
--
Geoff Skellams ( Weasel )			weasel@frey.newcastle.edu.au

"He wasn't very loveable, but he was bloody efficient" -
		Kerry Packer, on one of his heroes, Genghis Khan

fisher@sc2a.unige.ch (04/12/91)

In article <1991Apr8.010625.3020@frey.newcastle.edu.au>, weasel@frey.newcastle.edu.au (Geoff Skellams) writes:
> [file system problem]
>     Has anyone got any idea on how to fix this problem?

I'd hate to point out the obvious, but "CHKDSK /f" should do the trick.  If
this fails, find your local DOS guru or start playing with the various disk
doktors, editors and patchers (Norton's utilities come to mind).  Still, when
you're done, run CHKDSK once.

Hope this helps

Markus Fischer, Dpt of Anthropology, Geneva CH