[comp.os.msdos.misc] Update to Explode 2.03

Peter_Gutmann@kcbbs.gen.nz (Peter Gutmann) (04/15/91)

I recently got hold of a copy of Explode 2.03 - this is an absolutely
*amazing* fireworks-type program which I've been using as a screen saver.
The only problem is that it only runs in 16 colours.  I've startted mucking
around with it to use more colours, but the changes will only work with a VGA
Wonder - does anyone know if there's a newer version of this around which
works with all VGA's (V 2.03 is from 1989 so I presume there have been some
updates)?

--
 Peter_Gutmann@kcbbs.gen.nz || peter@nacjack.gen.nz || pgut1@cs.aukuni.ac.nz
                     (In order of decreasing reliability)

mewes@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Keith Mewes) (04/15/91)

Peter_Gutmann@kcbbs.gen.nz (Peter Gutmann) writes:

>I recently got hold of a copy of Explode 2.03 - this is an absolutely
>*amazing* fireworks-type program which I've been using as a screen saver.
>The only problem is that it only runs in 16 colours.  I've startted mucking
>around with it to use more colours, but the changes will only work with a VGA
>Wonder - does anyone know if there's a newer version of this around which
>works with all VGA's (V 2.03 is from 1989 so I presume there have been some
>updates)?
>
>--
> Peter_Gutmann@kcbbs.gen.nz || peter@nacjack.gen.nz || pgut1@cs.aukuni.ac.nz
>                     (In order of decreasing reliability)

I would be interested in finding out where to get an update to our
version of Explode, too.   I have version 1.22, and seem to have trouble
with it slowing my clock on my IBM PS/2 model 70 when the fireworks are
going.  I like this screen saver, but having to reset my date and time
regularly is something I would rather not do.

Keith Mewes
mewes@cs.uiuc.edu
University of Illinois, Department of Computer Science