[comp.os.msdos.misc] MBOOT by PC Mag request

vanmick@hpsgm2.sgp.hp.com (Van Der Beek Michael-Leo) (04/09/91)

Hi everyone,

	I hope I can impose on you to send me MBOOT.SYS my PC Mag. I need
to have several config files but only one autoexec. MBOOT will save me alot
of copying of the other config files to config. Please send me either the
MBOOT.SYS or MBOOT.BAS.

	Thanks in advance. I can't access via modem (simply, I don't have
a modem).

Regards,

Michael

itkin@mrspoc.Transact.COM (Steven M. List) (04/12/91)

vanmick@hpsgm2.sgp.hp.com (Van Der Beek Michael-Leo) writes:

>	I hope I can impose on you to send me MBOOT.SYS my PC Mag. I need
>to have several config files but only one autoexec. MBOOT will save me alot
>of copying of the other config files to config. Please send me either the
>MBOOT.SYS or MBOOT.BAS.

I haven't looked at or used MBOOT.SYS, but I have used multiconfig 2.0
(multic20.zoo) and it works GREAT!  Lets you have up to three different
configurations within a single config.sys file, and also includes a program
that checks which version (returns the value in ERRORLEVEL) so you can
have conditional sections in autoexec.bat!  VERY cool.
 :                Steven List @ Transact Software, Inc. :^>~                  :
 :           Chairman, Unify User Group of Northern California                :
 :                         itkin@Transact.COM                                 :

vanmick@hpsgm2.sgp.hp.com (Van Der Beek Michael-Leo) (04/19/91)

Hi all,

	Thanks for all the replies. I finally managed to load most of my
drivers high (most have some conflict of one sort or another) with QEMM 5.11.
Some of them initially could not be loaded high because QEMM keep halting.
After a long time at slowly analysising the memory usage interrupts, I finally
managed to resolve most conflicts. Those I could not I loaded low. So now
I have about 580K of memory to run almost anything.

	Thanks again everybody.

Regards,

Michael