[comp.os.msdos.misc] MSDOS Encylopedia Updates

gmurray@ibmpcug.co.uk (G Murray) (04/28/91)

 The MSDOS Encylopedia only covers up to DOS3.2 in the main body,
DOS3.3 being relegated to an appendix. When I purchased my copy a
couple of years ago, I sent off the form to obtain the companion
disks and also to request details of updates etc. Disks arrived, but
I've heard nothing about updates.

 Now that DOS4.01 is current and DOS5.0 in Beta Test, I think that
there should be enough material for updates. So,

 1) Has anyone received any response to send off the card requesting
     details of updates?

 2) Does anyone know if Microsft are planning updated material for
     current readers?

 3) Is there going to be a new edition which covers DOS4 & DOS5?

Graham Murray			  Email gmurray@ibmpcug.co.uk
Senior Programmer		    OR  gmurray@cix.compulink.co.uk
Gravatom Technology Ltd		  Voice +44 329 823986

Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not
represent the views of the IBM PC User Group.
--

act@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Andrew Turner) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr28.135504.24451@ibmpcug.co.uk> gmurray@ibmpcug.co.uk (G Murray) writes:

> The MSDOS Encylopedia only covers up to DOS3.2 in the main body,
>DOS3.3 being relegated to an appendix. When I purchased my copy a
>couple of years ago, I sent off the form to obtain the companion
>disks and also to request details of updates etc. Disks arrived, but
>I've heard nothing about updates.

I, and there are sure to be others, would be interested in any responses to
this item re availability of updates particularly for 4.01 and the imminent
5.0 versions of MSDOS

--
 Andrew Turner   :-)    | E-mail : act@csc.canberra.edu.au
 Comp. Services Centre  | +61 6 2522414 / +61 6 2522401