[comp.os.msdos.misc] WordPerfect and Postscript

fechuny@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (felix chung yau) (05/02/91)

	Hello.  I am having some problems printing a postscript file and was
wondering if anyone could help me.
	The problem is this: I generate a ps file in wordperfect (dos version)
by writing to disk.  Then I upload the ps file to a unix (sparc) machine which
has an apple laserwriter hook up to it.  I issue the print command and all I
get is one page out of 2 or more pages.  With ps files generated by lotus
freelance the problem is even worse as I get nothing at all.
	Then I decided to try ami pro.  Everything came out perfect.  However,
I would rather not import all my files to ami pro as formating is lost and for
large documents it would be tedious to reformat them.  In addition, ami pro
does not import equations (it has no equation editor of its own anyway).
	I called the tech guys at wordperfect and the only answer they had
was that there might be problems in taking a file from one platform to another
(dos to unix).
	Has anyone encountered problems fo this sort?  Any help is appreciated.
	Please send answers via e-mail to fechuny@aix01.aix.rpi.edu or post.
	Thanks in advanced.

.

sutton@s2.elec.uq.oz (sutton) (05/02/91)

In article <w=2gt.d@rpi.edu>, fechuny@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (felix chung yau) writes:

> 	Hello.  I am having some problems printing a postscript file and was
> wondering if anyone could help me.
> 	The problem is this: I generate a ps file in wordperfect (dos version)
> by writing to disk.  Then I upload the ps file to a unix (sparc) machine which
> has an apple laserwriter hook up to it.  I issue the print command and all I
> get is one page out of 2 or more pages.  ...

I have had no problems at all doing a similar thing. My undergraduate thesis
was written using Word Perfect (5.1) on a PC. To print it, I output a ps
file, ftp'ed it across to our Unix system (making sure the transfer mode
was binary) and lpr'ed it (to an Apple Laserwriter). Never lost any pages
at all.

Peter Sutton					s1.elec.uq.oz.au
Dept of Electrical Engineering
The University of Queensland	QUEENSLAND    4067    AUSTRALIA