[comp.os.msdos.misc] How to get into SETUP in Phoenix 286 BIOS

stephenc@tekcae.CAX.TEK.COM (Stephen Coan) (05/03/91)

I bought a 286 Magitroniic motherboard this past year with a Phoenix
BIOS installed.  When configuring the system, it automatically came up
in the SETUP mode.  Well, now I would like to change the TIME to Daylight
time, and cannot figure out how to activate the SETUP menu.

I have tried any number of key combinations upon reboot (ESC, F1, SHIFT-F1,
etc.) all to no avail.  I have even tried these after booting in the
hopes that one of them would work.

Does anyone have any idea how to activate the Phoenix-286 Setup menu???

Thanks in advance.

   Steve Coan, Tektronix, Inc., Beaverton, OR.
   stephenc@aice.bv.tek.com
--
	Steve Coan, AICE Team, 46-176
	stephenc@aice.BV.TEK.COM

amb43790@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Anthony M Brummett) (05/04/91)

stephenc@tekcae.CAX.TEK.COM (Stephen Coan) writes:

>I bought a 286 Magitroniic motherboard this past year with a Phoenix
>BIOS installed.  When configuring the system, it automatically came up
>in the SETUP mode.  Well, now I would like to change the TIME to Daylight
>time, and cannot figure out how to activate the SETUP menu.

>I have tried any number of key combinations upon reboot (ESC, F1, SHIFT-F1,
>etc.) all to no avail.  I have even tried these after booting in the
>hopes that one of them would work.

>Does anyone have any idea how to activate the Phoenix-286 Setup menu???

>Thanks in advance.
>
>   Steve Coan, Tektronix, Inc., Beaverton, OR.
>   stephenc@aice.bv.tek.com

You might try Ctrl-Alt-S .  That's how my Packard Bell with Pheonix-386 BIOS.

Antoine----------------------amb43790@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
--

mewilson@convex.cl.msu.edu (Margaret Wilson) (05/06/91)

stephenc@tekcae.CAX.TEK.COM (Stephen Coan) writes:

... intro deleted ...

>Does anyone have any idea how to activate the Phoenix-286 Setup menu???

I have a Leading Edge D2 286 with a Phoenix BIOS.  To run the SETUP program,
just type SETUP. You have to have the software for it, but it should have
come with your system.

--
----
Margaret Wilson                   |  mewilson@msu.bitnet