[comp.os.msdos.misc] .dbf file reader and flat file editor needed

tporczyk@na.excelan.com (Tony Porczyk) (05/08/91)

The News Manager)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1991 20:11:06 GMT

I am looking for a public domain or inexpensive shareware .dbf file
reader (small and fast that could also read memo fields), and, if
exists, a small and simple flat file .dbf type database which would
allow creation and modification of files. Label printing feature would
be the only other needed. No forms or views necessary.
I will appreciate any tips.
Thanks,

Tony

kim@m44.unm.edu (05/10/91)

In article <1991Apr30.201106.20857@novell.com>, tporczyk@na.excelan.com (Tony Porczyk) writes:
>The News Manager)
>Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1991 20:11:06 GMT
>

>I am looking for a public domain or inexpensive shareware .dbf file
>reader (small and fast that could also read memo fields), and, if
>exists, a small and simple flat file .dbf type database which would
>allow creation and modification of files. Label printing feature would
>be the only other needed. No forms or views necessary.
>I will appreciate any tips.
>Thanks,
>
>Tony
ButtonWare produces a very nice flat file database program called PC:File,
which uses the dBase III+ file format.  It will handle memo fields as well.  It
is available as shareware from those $3.00 per disk mail order places that
advertise in the computer magazines.  I have been very pleased with it.

Daniel Kim