[comp.os.msdos.misc] GNU Emacs for OS/2

d88-pfo@alv.nada.kth.se (Peter Forsberg) (05/10/91)

In article <3888@d75.UUCP> woan@exeter.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S Woan) writes:
   [...]
   on MSDOS or MSDOS/Windows. Hmmm... How about GNU EMACS for OS/2?
                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe that this one is being worked, for OS/2 2.0. I'd sure like to know
for sure though, so if anyone knows more of it, feel free to share your
information with the rest of us...

   + Ronald S. Woan                woan@cactus.org or woan@austin.vnet.ibm.com +
   + other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +
--
Peter A. Forsberg
Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.

bradleyt@spot.Colorado.EDU (Todd Bradley) (05/11/91)

In article <D88-PFO.91May10143539@alv.nada.kth.se> d88-pfo@alv.nada.kth.se (Peter Forsberg) writes:
>In article <3888@d75.UUCP> woan@exeter.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S Woan) writes:
>   [...]
>   on MSDOS or MSDOS/Windows. Hmmm... How about GNU EMACS for OS/2?
>                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>I believe that this one is being worked, for OS/2 2.0. I'd sure like to know
>for sure though, so if anyone knows more of it, feel free to share your
>information with the rest of us...

What I'd also like to hear is if anyone knows of any OS/2 ports
of the rest of the GNU software.  I know DJ has ported the C
compiler to DOS.  Is it available on OS/2?  How about the other
GNU tools?

Also, this thread is straying from DOS.  Please note the followup
line.

Todd.
| bradleyt@spot.Colorado.EDU    | (303) 443-6317 home		|
| BRADLEY_T@CUBLDR.COLORADO.EDU | (303) 492-5826 office	|