[comp.os.msdos.misc] Archives

carty@dteng1.enet.dec.com (Hugh Carty) (05/09/91)

I've been pointed to a note is this conference ;1156.
 My notes start at 1756.How do I request  that note so far back.or
 easier how do I get access to archives,or is this a " bad topic".
I 'm not a user of this X-notes for that long now o know where to find
this out.
But find the info excellent

                Hugh Carty

PS. thank you to the people who pointed me in this direction !!

glratt@uncle-bens.rice.edu (Glenn Forbes Larratt) (05/09/91)

In article <1991May9.112835.13935@pa.dec.com> carty@dteng1.enet.dec.com (Hugh Carty) writes:
>I've been pointed to a note is this conference ;1156.
> My notes start at 1756.How do I request  that note so far back.or
> easier how do I get access to archives,or is this a " bad topic".

The four-digit numbers you reference are local to your site; what you need is
the message-ID from the post that you want.  Somebody must archive this group,
but I couldn't find it at pit-manager.mit.edu or wuarchive.wustl.edu.

| Glenn Larratt | glratt@uncle-bens.rice.edu | GLRATT@RICEVM2.BITNET |
\   The Lab Ratt (not briggs :-) | CRC OCIS, Rice U, Houston, Texas  /
 \   "Are you sure this thing's safe?"-Wm. Palmer in the guillotine /

glratt@uncle-bens.rice.edu (Glenn Forbes Larratt) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May9.155753.24758@rice.edu> I wrote:
>In article <1991May9.112835.13935@pa.dec.com> carty@dteng1.enet.dec.com (Hugh Carty) writes:
>>I've been pointed to a note is this conference ;1156.
>> My notes start at 1756.How do I request  that note so far back.or
>> easier how do I get access to archives,or is this a " bad topic".
>
>The four-digit numbers you reference are local to your site; what you need is
>the message-ID from the post that you want.  Somebody must archive this group,
>but I couldn't find it at pit-manager.mit.edu or wuarchive.wustl.edu.

Jonathan Kamens was good enough to point out that this was out of the blue and
unclear, especially to readers of news.newusers.questions, so let me rephrase:

By "note" in this "conference", I have assumed you meant article in this
newsgroup: if so, the four-digit numbers you have included were assigned by
your local news software when they arrived at your site; the only reference
numbers which are common to all usenet sites are the message-ID's (e.g. your
original post was <1991May9.112835.13935@pa.dec.com>, my first response was
<1991May9.155753.24758@rice.edu>).

I believe comp.os.msdos.misc is archived somewhere, but I have not been able
to find it at either of the sites named in my previous post.  Can anyone
point to newsgroup archive sites in general to try, or a specific site that
does archive comp.os.msdos.misc?

Followups to news.newusers.questions, please.

Thanks,

| Glenn Larratt | glratt@uncle-bens.rice.edu | GLRATT@RICEVM2.BITNET |
\   The Lab Ratt (not briggs :-) | CRC OCIS, Rice U, Houston, Texas  /
 \   "Are you sure this thing's safe?"-Wm. Palmer in the guillotine /

LAAAA43@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Peter Arien) (05/31/91)

Could anybody please tell me where the archives of
comp.os.msddos.misc and comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc can
be found.
I would like to retrieve some subjects and asked our
network administrator, but he told me he didn't know
where to look for them. Once I know the place, he'll
help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Peter Arien                          =  LAAAA43@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be =
Academic Computing Center            =  LAAAA43@blekul11.bitnet    =
K.U.Leuven - Belgium                 =  'It was clear as mud ...'  =