[comp.os.msdos.misc] Edlin

dhosek@euler.claremont.edu (Don Hosek) (06/02/91)

In article <1991Jun01.110117.19901@cavebbs.gen.nz>, clear@cavebbs.gen.nz (Charlie Lear) writes:
> Hint: it is repugnant, but in your own best interests to learn edlin.
> You never know when you will be confronted with a box containing a nice
> new PC and nothing on it apart from the standard DOS utils. Beats having
> to retype an entire config.sys or autoexec by using COPY CON: when you
> are debugging and setting the system up...

Plus, edlin can be learned in a matter of minutes. It's also
handy as part of an application which requires script editing
capabilities. I've written more than one install procedure which
concluded with "edlin foo <bar"

-dh
(an individual with the unique ability to learn a new editor in
fifteen minutes or less--what else do you expect when you teach
system independent text formatting software?)