[comp.os.msdos.misc] reboot program

turner@bsndbg.fnal.gov (TURNER, CLAUDE) (06/07/91)

I am looking for a (small?) com program that will cause my computer to
reboot.  I figure that it would be a short assembly program, but I
have no idea how to write assembly programs.  I want it to put into
some batch programs (like when I change autoexec's or config.sys's)

	- claude

turner@bsndbg.fnal.gov
turner@fndaub.fnal.gov
cturner@fnal.gov 	.. pick one they all go to the same place.

glenn@welch.jhu.edu (Glenn M. Mason) (06/07/91)

In article <25204@lanl.gov> turner@bsndbg.fnal.gov writes:
>I am looking for a (small?) com program that will cause my computer to
>reboot.  I figure that it would be a short assembly program, but I
>have no idea how to write assembly programs.  I want it to put into
>some batch programs (like when I change autoexec's or config.sys's)

It would be a very tiny program, and you could create it in a minute
using DEBUG. If you find a decent book on DOS which covers how to use
DEBUG, you will probably see the very example which you seek.

Glenn

pjw@hpctdkrcol.hp.com (Peter Walsh) (06/08/91)

try:

echo g=ffff:0 | debug > nul

This was posted a few days ago by someone on the net.
If you don't redirect the output to nul a temporary
file from the pipe operation will be left in the current
directory.

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi) (06/08/91)

In article <25204@lanl.gov> turner@bsndbg.fnal.gov writes:
>I am looking for a (small?) com program that will cause my computer to
>reboot.  I figure that it would be a short assembly program, but I
:

Get /pc/ts/tsutld18.arc or see our /pc/bootutil directory.

Prof. Timo Salmi
Moderating at garbo.uwasa.fi anonymous ftp archives 128.214.12.37