[comp.os.msdos.misc] Want program to let PC A control remote PC B, allowing dial-back.

rstanton@leland.Stanford.EDU (Richard Stanton) (06/07/91)

I'm looking for a program that will let me do two things:

1) Sitting at PC A, control PC B (As if I were sitting at the keyboard
of machine B)

2) Also get machine B to call machine A back. In other words, I'd sit at
machine A, dial in to machine B. Machine B would then call machine A
back, and I'd be able to sit at the keyboard of machine A and pretend
I'm at machine B

If this makes any sense to anyone, does a program exist that would allow me
to do both of these things simultaneously? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Richard Stanton
pstanton@gsb-lira.stanford.edu

klefstad@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Sue Klefstad) (06/07/91)

rstanton@leland.Stanford.EDU (Richard Stanton) writes:

>I'm looking for a program that will let me do two things:

>1) Sitting at PC A, control PC B (As if I were sitting at the keyboard
>of machine B)

>2) Also get machine B to call machine A back. In other words, I'd sit at
>machine A, dial in to machine B. Machine B would then call machine A
>back, and I'd be able to sit at the keyboard of machine A and pretend
>I'm at machine B

PC Anywhere by DMA (Dynamic Microprocessor Associates Inc.) has a callback
feature.  It's a remote control program that transfers keystrokes and
screen characters so that a keystroke on A's keyboard is fed to B as though
it came from B's keyboard.  And what shows up on B's screen shows up
on A's screen.

(I hope that was somewhat understandable.  I'm not too lucid today.)
-- Sue

--
-
Sue Klefstad    Ill. Natural History Survey    s-klefstad@uiuc.edu

rkim@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Suro) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun7.153410.12891@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> klefstad@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Sue Klefstad) writes:
>PC Anywhere by DMA (Dynamic Microprocessor Associates Inc.) has a callback
>feature.  It's a remote control program that transfers keystrokes and
>screen characters so that a keystroke on A's keyboard is fed to B as though
>it came from B's keyboard.  And what shows up on B's screen shows up
>on A's screen.

Better yet, buy PCTools V7 and get the PC Commute feature.  Perhpas
as not as "great" as PC Anywhere, but it does have a call back
feature, and lets you use the mouse, also.  Besides, you get chock
full of ofther utilities for about the same (or less) price as PC
Anywhere.

--
Robert W. Kim                            rkim@ucsd.edu
University of California, San Diego.     suro@ucsd.edu