[comp.os.msdos.misc] Anybody ever heard of the TSX32 O/S?

nolan@helios.unl.edu (Michael Nolan) (06/11/91)

TSX32 is supposedly a multi-tasking multi-user O/S based on DOS, which
runs on a variety of machines from small to fairly large.  I think the
vendor is S&H Computers, possibly in Nashville.

Anybody every heard of/used this thing?  How good is it?

Michael Nolan
nolan@helios.unl.edu

kenw@skyler.arc.ab.ca (Ken Wallewein) (06/11/91)

In article <nolan.676590800@helios> nolan@helios.unl.edu (Michael Nolan) writes:
   TSX32 is supposedly a multi-tasking multi-user O/S based on DOS, which
   runs on a variety of machines from small to fairly large.  I think the
   vendor is S&H Computers, possibly in Nashville.

   Anybody every heard of/used this thing?  How good is it?

   Michael Nolan
   nolan@helios.unl.edu

Geez, let an OS have a few MS-DOS-like commands, and the PCers start
saying it's based on DOS (never mind _which_ DOS) ;-^).

As I recall, TSX was a RSTS look alike whichran under RT-11 on PDP-11s.
Presumably TX32 is a more modern incarnation.
--
/kenw

Ken Wallewein                                                     A L B E R T A
kenw@noah.arc.ab.ca                                             R E S E A R C H
(403)297-2660                                                     C O U N C I L

mcdowell@exlog.com (Steve McDowell) (06/13/91)

TSX is a multi-tasking front end for RT-11 on PDP-11's.
It was developed and is marketed by S&H Computing. It's
quite a nice product, actually.
Steve McDowell			      Exploration Logging, Inc.
Software Engineering
Opinions expressed are, of course, my own and not Exlog's.

alan@cwi.UUCP (Alan Wright ) (06/14/91)

In article <KENW.91Jun10203858@skyler.arc.ab.ca>, kenw@skyler.arc.ab.ca (Ken Wallewein) writes:

> As I recall, TSX was a RSTS look alike whichran under RT-11 on PDP-11s.
> Presumably TX32 is a more modern incarnation.
> --

Close. It was actually a multi-user extension of (and eventually replacement
for) RT-11 originally. I don't know what has happened to it since, but if
Phil Sherrod is out there somewhere, maybe he can shed some light.

bussiere@ganymede.DMI.USherb.CA (Luc Bussieres) (06/15/91)

TSX32 is an extension to MSDOS to make it multi-user, the same way TSX+
was an extension to RT11. The product seem good but the test I have done
with it were not exhaustive. It support dos application and a terminal
could emulate a PC in text mode or even in graphics mode if you have
the right terminal. I have run wordperfect on a terminal. The last demo
version I received is even supporting windows. I have not try it yet though.

To run TSX32 you need a 386 with at least 8 meg of memory if you wan't good
perfomance.