[comp.os.msdos.misc] MSDOS 5.0 ..HELP!!

matelgar@nmsu.edu (Marek Telgarsky) (06/24/91)

I have been having trouble with my config.sys file.. The manual shows
you no examples of config.sys's with the devicehigh implemented.. I
dont know what is wrong with mine.. can someone who has a working
config show me what im doing wrong? Well... this is it except for all
the files/buffers/lastdrive/etc stuff:

device=c:\dos\himem.sys
device=c:\dos\emm386.exe 800
dos=high, umb
highdevice=c:\util\mouse\mouse.sys
highdevice=c:\star\eansi.sys
highdevice=c:\windows\smartdrv 2048 512

and what i want this to do is to load the mouse, ansi, and smartdrive
into high memory, which would leave me with about 590-600K normal
memory free... can you tell me why it does not load them into high
memory? Thanks in advance :)
			Marek

/***********************************************************************/
main() {			/* matelgar@dante.nmsu.edu */
  printf("Hello World!\n");
}

act@softserver.canberra.edu.au (Andrew Turner) (06/24/91)

In article <MATELGAR.91Jun23115712@dante.nmsu.edu> matelgar@nmsu.edu (Marek Telgarsky) writes:
>I have been having trouble with my config.sys file.. The manual shows
>you no examples of config.sys's with the devicehigh implemented.. I

Look at pages 317 onwards in the manual for a description of what you want.
Also in CONFIG.sys its DEVICEHIGH not HIGHDEVICE!. Page 325 has an example and
page 326 has an example of the use of LOADHIGH in Autoexec.Bat.

--
 Andrew Turner  act@csc.canberra.edu.au
	Die, v:	To stop sinning suddenly.