[comp.os.msdos.misc] Windows USELESS with MSDOS 5.0!!!

feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) (06/14/91)

Now that I've got your attention, the problem is that Windows cannot
find any of my non MS programs when I attempt to invoke them via the
program manager. I've spent some time trying to get hold of MS to ask
about this, but I can't get through and the $$$ are adding up.  All of
these programs start properly under PCDOS 3.3. Is it possible that MS
didn't test dos 5.0 with windows?!!!
--
David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631
EMAIL: feustel@netcom.com  or feustel@cvax.ipfw.indiana.edu

jesse@gumby.Altos.COM (Jesse Chisholm AAC-RjesseD) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun13.235553.24042@netcom.COM> feustel@netcom.COM (David Feustel) writes:
>Now that I've got your attention, the problem is that Windows cannot
>find any of my non MS programs when I attempt to invoke them via the
>program manager. I've spent some time trying to get hold of MS to ask
>about this, but I can't get through and the $$$ are adding up.  All of
>these programs start properly under PCDOS 3.3. Is it possible that MS
>didn't test dos 5.0 with windows?!!!

I, also, am using MS-DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.0.  To run a DOS app, create
a PIF file for it and then use it.  There should be no problem.
If the application does some strange things with memory, then Windows
may kill it off, but most run just fine.

--
|| Jesse Chisholm                | 137 East Fremont Avenue, #49 ||
|| jesse@Altos86.Altos.COM       | Sunnyvale, California        ||