[comp.os.msdos.misc] calling C routines from Turbo Pascal

franco@gprc.uucp (Franco Carlacci) (06/25/91)

I have Turbo Pascal Version 6 and Turbo C++ Version 1.0. I would like
to call Turbo C++ routines from Pascal, is this possible?

franco
Franco Carlacci					franco@gprc.uucp
Grande Prairie Regional College			...!alberta!gprc!franco
						franco@cs.ualberta.ca

frank@cavebbs.gen.nz (Frank van der Hulst) (06/26/91)

In article <91062528@gprc.uucp> franco@gprc.uucp (Franco Carlacci) writes:
>I have Turbo Pascal Version 6 and Turbo C++ Version 1.0. I would like
>to call Turbo C++ routines from Pascal, is this possible?

I'm trying to do the same -- my attempts so far show that you have to be *very*
careful with what your C code does. It must only call routines with valid
Pascal names. TC v2 (I guess also TC++) generates calls to things like PCMP@
and PADD@ when you do things with pointers, and when you try to link the
objects into TP it complains...

Frank.

--

Take a walk on the wild side, and I don't mean the Milford Track.
Kayaking: The art of appearing to want to go where your boat is taking you.