[soc.culture.iranian] CALL FOR HELP - IRAN EARTHQUAKE

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (06/27/90)

In article <2869@uniol.UUCP>, thumburg@uniol.UUCP (Thomas Humburg) writes:
> cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>
>>In article <535@ra.MsState.Edu> ehm1@CC.MsState.Edu (Eddie Mikell) writes:
>>>This has to be a joke, isn't it?
>>>
>>>How about trading some aid for some of our hostages back?
>
>>This is ridiculous.  This comes from the same country that always
>>publicly calls us THE GREAT SATAN.  They made their bed, now they
>>have to lie in it.  Give 'em aid when we get our people back and not
>>any sooner.
>
> Who do you think you are ? God ?
> With this opinion you must also say, that murderes who are in prison don't
> have the right to get any medical help. If they become ill its there fault.
> They shouldn't have killed someone if they want to get help.
>
> Don't you see how stupid and inhumanity your positon is ?
> If doctors react like you it would be very difficult for you to get any help
> from them, if you had made the 'fault' to criticise or to blame them for
> doing something wrong.

OK. I'm going to keep out of the fight with Iran. My taxes already made up
part of the donation our government made. (BTW Did you see that even Salmund
Rushdi [i think thats how you spell it] has made a $15,000 donation).

#warning! Thought provoking question ahead

But back to the story. If somebody raped your daughter/wife/sister, would you
want them to have medical help? Ask yourself that.

It's trendy liberals who want to do good to criminals that are causing repeated
crimes.

#endwarning

BTW This has nothing to do with Iran, I don't class them as convicted rapist's
murders etc, or even know of any acts of terrorism committed by them. Try
giving them some help, and they might just surprise you. I think that if you
pissed me off enough that I would call you names as well.

> Help an humanity is independent from them person who needs help. It only
> depends on you. Help and humanity is something you must have to help and not
> the person who needs the help. (Even YOU (or a NAZI, Murder ...) would get
> help from me if you need it ).

Hmm...
   Don't know if I would help a murderer. Apart from with suicide that is.

|  Hamish Marson                        |  Internet  hamish@waikato.ac.nz    |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |

vma@wpi.wpi.edu (Vahid Motevalli) (06/27/90)

In article <1990Jun25.175521.26947@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>In article <535@ra.MsState.Edu> ehm1@CC.MsState.Edu (Eddie Mikell) writes:
>>This has to be a joke, isn't it?

********** >>How about trading some aid for some of our hostages back?

>This is ridiculous.  This comes from the same country that always
>publicly calls us THE GREAT SATAN.  They made their bed, now they
>have to lie in it.  Give 'em aid when we get our people back and not
>any sooner.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Chris
>
>------------------------------+---------------------------
>Chris Mauritz                 |Donde hay una cerveza
>cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |hay un plan.
>(c)All rights reserved.       |
>Send flames to /dev/null      |El Guerrero Aereo es el rey!
>------------------------------+---------------------------

Well, here we have it.  Americans placing a price on human life.  Let me
ask how much "aid" will you give for each of "your hostages" in Lebonon.

Thoughts from those like you are probably unworthy of response.  However, in
light of the general negative feelings of American public, their lack of
concern and response and much less media coverage than similar catastrophies,
I will make the following comments.

1.  The essential problem in the attitude of such "ignorant jerks" (as was
used in a previous article) is that they simply extent the political
responsibilities onto the Iranian people.  This is legitimate only if those
people have had full knowledge and choice over the actions of their government.

2.  The general lack of knwledge of the history of Iran-U.S. relations over
the past 50 yrs.

3.  A biased attitude and double standard toward the value of life and
worthiness of beings not from western countries.

4.  Failure to react on human terms or basis of Judeo-Christian ethics
when confronted with a human tragedy.

So, if you and unfortunately a vast number of American public wish to
bring politics into this human tragedy and distribute responsibilities
for political events among the earthquake victims, let us have reciprocity.

If those 50000 Iranians killed were responsible for the hostages in the
American embassy and those in Lebenon, then you as American tax-payers,
voters in a "democratic" society are responsible for the following:

1.  The CIA sponsored coup that toppled the nationalistic government of
Dr. Mossadegh in 1953.  This coup was directly managed by Mr. Kermit Roosevelt,
nephew to president Roosevelt.   As a result of this coup, the Shah was
brought back to power.  The CIA subsequently halped the formation of SAVAK
the nutorious secret police of Iran which was equal to the KGB .

2.  The Shah and his tyrranic (i.e. undemocratic) rule was supported by the
U.S. for over 25 years.

3.  Ironically, it was the U.S. manuvering that made it possible for
Khomeini to assume power since the U.S., in it's usual shortsited foreign
policy, did not want any leftists to take power in Iran.

So, should we Iranians hold you and those like you individually responsible
for acts like this that have altered our lives fantastically, has resulted
in much suffering and loss of life?

The American governments mentallity toward value of life is quite evident when
the Lebenon situation is reviewed.  When the 251 marines were killed in
Lebenon, the battleship New Jersy went on an indiscriminate shelling of the
Bekka valley in revenge.  Each of its shells from the 16" guns can level an
area the size of a football field.  Was there a concern for loss of innocent
lives there.  No, because the 251 american lives were measured to be much
higher than hundreds of civilians (as opposed to military).  The response and
reaction of americans in the shooting down of the Iranian jetliner over the
Persian gulf, as opposed to shooting down of the Korean airliner 007 by the
Soviet Union, is another vivid example.

Finally, a famed persian poet, Sa'di, says:

Humans are like different parts of single body, in creation

    When, one part of the body is in pain due to play of nature,
         other body parts can not rest in peace.

This verse is written on U.N. headquarter building.

I translated from persian and have not done justice to the poem, but you
can understand the general meaning, but again make likes of you will never
understand.  That is the difference between human beings and lowest form of
life (i.e. fungui).

Hoping for your elevation to higher forms of life so that you shall not be
stepped on in your next life.  Work on it.

With best wishes

Vahid

cp26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Thomas Parker) (06/28/90)

Ummm...People?

I understand that the Iranian "situation" (for lack of a better term at the
moment) is both sensitive and personal to many people.  However, the
"discussion" (read that as "flaming") currently happening on the net is
not appropriate to the newsgroups that it is being posted in.  I post this here
to make sure that all of you see it, and hopefully realize this.  The
person who posted the call for help originally has apologized for posting in
inappropriate newsgroups, and has requested that things get redirected.

I'm reading comp.sys.mac for information about my macintosh, and also on the
off chance that I might be able to help someone with a problem with their
machine.  It's a waste of bandwidth for you guys to be flaming/discussing/doing
whatever on this board and other comp.sys.<insert system here> boards.

Please, the newsgroups are set up in >groups< for a reason:  it's so that
people looking for specific information know where to look.  If I want to hear
about this, I'll read netnews.soc.culture.iranian or alt.flames for the
argument.

All I'm asking, and I'm sure it would be appreciated by the readers of all
the groups that this is going out to, is that you redirect your messages to
appropriate boards.
-Chris
cp26@andrew.cmu.edu
There's my email address.  Flame me personally, but leave it off the net, or
send it to alt.flames.