[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Super VGA 800 x 600 monitors...

spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu (Kevin Spier) (07/13/90)

I am interested in buying an 800 x 600 SVGA monitor and need some help
deciding which monitor to buy. Two that were suggested to me were the
Goldstar 1450 (price quoted at $379 from USA FLEX) and the NEC
Multisync 2A (price quoted at $439 from USA FLEX).  If you have any
experience with either of these or any other 800x600 SVGA monitor
please e-mail your insights/opinions directly to me.  I will post a
summary if anyone else is interested.

Thanks.

Kevin L. Spier
spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu
Kevin L. Spier
spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu

a516@mindlink.UUCP (Jordan Melville) (07/14/90)

In message <X`T$MV@rpi.edu>, spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu (Kevin Spier) wrote:
> I am interested in buying an 800 x 600 SVGA monitor and need some help
> deciding which monitor to buy. Two that were suggested to me were the
> Goldstar 1450 (price quoted at $379 from USA FLEX) and the NEC
> [.... stuff deleted ....]

I believe about two months ago PC Magazine had a special feature on super VGA
monitors. (well, I know they did, but I say "believe" because they aren't where
I am, and if I said specifically that they do, everyone would be shouting for
an issue number. :) ) The "editor's choices" were the NEC multisync 3D and the
Sanyo equivalent I believe.

Jordan.
Jordan C. Melville         Voice: (604) 943-7155
Vancouver, BC                BBS: (604) 943-3503 (2400baud)
"We want the world and       UUCP: {uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!a516
 we want it now!" - The Doors     a516@mindlink.UUCP
"So what you're saying is a 11 voice adlib is better than a 32-track
  MT-32? Sounds logical to me." - Me.

dorsai@pawl.rpi.edu (G. Donald Moncreaff) (07/16/90)

In article <2448@mindlink.UUCP> a516@mindlink.UUCP (Jordan Melville) writes:
>In message <X`T$MV@rpi.edu>, spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu (Kevin Spier) wrote:
>> I am interested in buying an 800 x 600 SVGA monitor and need some help
>> deciding which monitor to buy. Two that were suggested to me were the
>> Goldstar 1450 (price quoted at $379 from USA FLEX) and the NEC
>> [.... stuff deleted ....]
>
>I believe about two months ago PC Magazine had a special feature on super VGA
>monitors. (well, I know they did, but I say "believe" because they aren't where
>I am, and if I said specifically that they do, everyone would be shouting for
>an issue number. :) ) The "editor's choices" were the NEC multisync 3D and the
>Sanyo equivalent I believe.

Pc:Magazine May 15,1990 vol 9 num 9   page 97+
--
respectfully yours,
                                                Gregory D. Moncreaff